Sunday, September 8, 2013

Product Review - Medik8 C-Tetra

Welcome to the first of my product reviews, I have had a hectic couple of weeks so have unfortunately been rather slow in getting this post written.

My product reviews are going to pretty much follow the same formula (for consistency's sake) which will hopefully make for easy product comparisons.


Product/Category

Medik8 C-Tetra (Skin Care)






The aim of this product is to trigger collagen synthesis, increase the skin's elasticity and density as well as improving and brightening the skins texture. It neutralises free radicals and defends against environmental damage, it is designed for both men and women in their mid 20's to 40's.
This product contains 3% Tetrahexyldecyl Ascorbate (a highly stable form of vitamin c), vitamin e and jojoba oil (full list below) and contains no parabens or perfumes.  

Ingredients

Simmondsia Chinensis (Jojoba) Seed Oil
Cyclopentasiloxane
Cyclohexasiloxane
Tetrahexyldecyl Ascorbate (Vitamin C)
Tocopheryl Acetate
Citrus Grandis Peel Oil
Limonene
Citral
Linalool.



Directions for use/Application

Used daily, in the mornings, apply a few drops to your face and massage gently into skin (or you can put a couple of drops on your fingers and massage into your face).  I usually give it a few minutes to fully absorb before applying my daily SPF moisturiser.   This product comes in a dark glass bottle with a dropper for application.


Consistency/Texture

This serum has a clear, light oily texture, not at all heavy.  When I first applied it to my skin it felt as though I was massaging a very silky/satiny fluid over my face.  I was, however, extremely surprised as to how easily this serum absorbed and to how it left no greasy/oily residue whatsoever, my skin just felt really, really soft.


What did it do for me?

After every application my skins feels extremely soft, but more importantly, over time my skin texture has become a lot more smoother.  My small, dark acne scars have lightened and the texture has evened out.


Cost/Where to buy 

www.adorebeauty.com.au
www.medik8.com.au

$78.20 30 ml bottle.

Although this is a little on the steep side, if you need a vitamin c product then this is well worth the splurge.



Overall rating out of 10

I love this product, it has worked wonders on my skin texture.  What I love is that it has not only evened out my complexion, but it is also provides the antioxidants that help protect it on a daily basis.  I'm also loving the relatively short list of ingredients!

I give this product 9/10.  The product itself deserves a 10 but I would prefer the cost to be a little lower.




No comments:

Post a Comment