Tuesday, August 20, 2013

Antipodean Beauties - Winter




For this weeks challenge I thought I would show a couple of my favourite 'winter' products.  My make up doesn't change too much seasonally, there's more of a change going from day to evening make up.   

Most nights during the winter I light my oil burner usually with a relaxing blend of oil or simply just lavender, this makes me feel all cosy and relaxed when I'm in my big dressing gown and Ugg boots!

My skin tends to feel drier and a little more taught during the winter so I will often change a couple of my products to assist with this.

I absolutely love the Darphin Kiwi Hydrating Mask, I usually use this mask a couple of times a week during the winter as it leaves my skin feeling soft and hydrated.  It has the consistency of a thick cream that you apply over cleansed skin and leave for 10 mins or so before rinsing off.  You can purchase this in www.meccacosmetica.com.au it's a little pricey but this has lasted me for over a year and has a 2 year use by date (after opening).   





Apart from using copious amounts of Lucas Paw Paw and Baby Lips lip balm, my other favourite is the Trilogy Rosehip Antioxidant Oil.  I probably use this oil every other day, at night only, after applying my night serum.  It feels a bit greasy at first but absorbs quickly and I have never woken up feeling greasy (like I have with some oils).  My skin feels gloriously soft, hydrated and less wrinkly in the mornings, it is perfect for this time of year.   

My legs get really dry during the winter too so I will often use a dry oil such as Sukin Wellbeing Body Oil.

Does anyone else have any special products that come out for the winter? 




No comments:

Post a Comment