Wednesday, August 7, 2013

I spy with my little (red) eye...


So, guess what happened to me last week?

Whilst enjoying my nightly ritual of cleansing, I got a little bit carried away with my glycolic acid cleanser. I love my cleanser, it works wonders for my skin, but I enjoyed myself a little too much and forgot what I was using, which lead to me washing around my eye area (like I do with my normal  gentle cleanser). Arghh...yes it stung!

My eyes were OK, but the skin around them was slightly red and inflammed.  I looked like I had the worst hangover ever or had been crying for about 2 days!

Well, this little tale does have an extremely happy ending as I made an 'emergency trip' to Chemist Warehouse (one of my favourite places) and discovered this little life saver below.




Now, I haven't been using an eye cream as part of my skin care ritual as the wrinkles have been fairly kind to me around my eyes, plus, I also have very sensitive eyes which kind of puts me off searching for something. I'm generally okay with eye make up, apart from mascara, but I do not tolerate eye creams well at all.

It was very much a case of having to find something to ease my eye discomfort, knowing full well that  whatever I choose could make them worse.  I spent about half an hour looking at eye creams and, after reading the ingredients lists, narrowed it down to 2.  The other choice was claiming to be kind to the skin with no added colour or fragrances, but when I looked at the ingredients list it was rammed with parabens, oh yes, so natural and kind!

I have never used any products by Avene, but I can honestly say that this is the best eye cream I have ever used. The eye cream moisturises and soothes with no irritation whatsoever and is a dream under concealer. My eyes settled down in about a day but I have carried on using this cream just to hydrate my eye area.

This 'Soothing Eye Contour' cream has the benefits of:

- Minimising fine lines
- Reducing irritation
- Helps to reduce puffiness
- Suitable for contact lens wearers and those with allergies

Avene is a dermatology based cosmetic skin care brand dedicated to all levels of skin sensitivity.  Apart from my eyes, I do not have sensitive skin but I already have it planned in my mind that I will be checking out the rest of their range!

I just love it when you find an awesome product at a reasonable price $23.00, Chemist Warehouse.

http://www.avene.com.au/
http://www.chemistwarehouse.com.au/

Do you have any 'lucky finds' that you would like to share?


No comments:

Post a Comment